My involvement with developing the Marine Fisheries of the Indo-Pacific Region spans twenty-five years of progressively responsible and comprehensive work in the field. Having honed my administrative, technical and training skills in many remote areas, I am able to provide you with on-site development services for totally integrated fishing operations in remote locations that may involve the following :
In the course of my career, I have worked as a sole proprietor, governmental fisheries officer, USAID regional fisheries advisor, private sector manager and consultant in The Federated States of Micronesia(Chuuk and Kosrae), The Marshall Islands, The Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, Guam, Hawaii, American Samoa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia. If you find that you are in need of development, management or consulting assistance that leads to actual development and operations in the field please contact me via Email and I will be happy to provide you with more details on how I might assist with your particular needs.
- Purchase, Lease or charter of fishing vessels with delivery, world-wide.
- Refitting and modification of existing vessels to improve performance or altering of fishing gear.
- Recruitment of skilled expatriate tuna longline fishing masters and crews.
- Locating and purchasing of appropriate fishing gear and longline bait.
- Design, purchase, fabrication and operation of coldstorages, ice plants and basic processing facilities.
- Personally provide training for shoreside personnel in HACCP planning, sanitation, infrastructure management, sashimi tuna processing, fresh fish handling and processing, transportation of fresh products locally or internationally via airfreight.
- Producing your HACCP and SSOP plans and procedures.
- Developing and implementing airfreight transportation programs á Arranging access to established markets for high value fresh fishes in Japan, USA, Europe and Austral-Asia.